"I will not leave you as orphans - I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Blind Side

So, I'm not much of a movie person. If I go to the movies 3 times in a year, I'm amazed. I knew from the moment I saw the previews for "The Blind Side" that I would be seeing that movie in the theater. It's been out now for a few weeks and I have yet to hear someone say anything bad about it. So last night my best friend says that she wants to go and see it. This week at school was seriously the longest week that I have had yet this year and I needed a feel-good movie. I knew that "The Blind Side" was a true story and so I knew that it would probably fit the bill of a "feel-good" movie. I was pumped. I guess I should have considered my week. Not only was it a super long week, it was an emotionally draining one. I'm not real sure why, but I have felt . . . hmmm. . . I don't know. . . sad? Pensive? Reflective? Quiet? all week. . . I have a lot on my plate right now and am trying to keep moving forward but feel as if it is all just a moment from crashing down on me. It started on Sunday with a sweet, precious message from a friend that meant so very much to me. Then it was on to church where the only thing I could hear Brother David saying was "Anything is possible with God." I started boo-hooing before the sermon even started and couldn't stop. . . Everytime he said "Anything is possible with God" I would burst into tears again. I leaned over to my best friend and said, "If he doesn't stop saying that, I'm leaving." Funny thing is. . . a friend told me later, he only said it once or twice. Must have been the Holy Spirit laying it on thick.

So all week, I was tiptoeing on eggshells around my own emotions, afraid that I would turn a corner and lose it again.

If you haven't seen "The Blind Side", you really need to. It's basically about a young black teenager that doesn't have a home and "happens" to run into a family that takes him in and believes in him. They give him a lot of great things, but most of all, they gave him hope. They taught him life skills and gave him the keys to be successful.

I think the movie had been on all of 10 minutes before I had tears streaming down my face. I have heard that this happens to people during this movie, but I wondered how many people had tears because they knew that their child was out there somewhere and could be going through some of the same things? I wonder how many of those people were broken because their child could possibly be sleeping in a laundromat because they didn't have anywhere else to go. I wonder if they felt a horrible sadness because they knew that it was possible that their child was being exposed to the horrible conditions and situations that this young man had to endure. I wonder if they felt lost because there is nothing that they can do to make the process move any faster. These were my feelings.

Everytime that I feel as though my feelings about adoption and fostering are not as strong, God places someone, or something in my path that reminds me how critical it is that I continue to press on to find my child. So, I press on. I'm tired. I'm stressed. I have questions. I worry. I pray.


and I trust. What else have I? I have to trust that My God is bigger than any fears, fatigure, worries, stresses, questions, and setbacks that I can experience. I continue to press on. I continue to trust.

1 comment:

Kim M said...

And as you continue on your journey, you have the reassurance from the Word that God is with your child today. He/She is not alone, lonely? possibly, but never alone. He is watching over him/her. I believe one day God is going to show this little one who needs you as his/her mommy and you will bring hope to him/her. Praying for you on your journey of obedience.